When Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning was announced last year, THQ Nordic also announced a brand new DLC expansion Fatesworn to be released this year. Well, it’s just managing to meet that target. Fatesworn has finally received a release date and it will be hitting PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on December 14.
Fatesworn takes place after the events of Kingdoms of Amalur, when the Crystal war has ended and players have defeated the Gadlow. While the land’s residents were hoping for a more peaceful future, rumors have started circling about a threat from a brand new area of Amalur. In Mithros, a wintery land covered with snowy tundras, mountain villages, and procedurally-generated caverns of ice, the God of Chaos has awoken. Known as Telogrus, he’s gathering followers to create his own version of chaos.
With the lakeside city of Crownhold providing one of few safe havens, the Fatesworn now has to cross the dangerous land to take on the Niskaru as well as their Chaos companions. Players will need to master Chaos powers that come with a new non-combat Skill tree as well as a different class of weapons and armor. The full list of features is below:
- Set in a completely new environment called Mithros featuring mountains and snowy landscape
- Face the God of Chaos in 6h+ Main quest with a compelling storyline that concludes the game, featuring new and returning characters
- “Chaos” as a completely new gameplay mechanic connected to weapons, enemies, rifts, and portals
- Level cap raised to 50
- The journey takes you to 2 entirely new dungeon sets
- Enter Chaos Portals to explore 25 brand new Chaos Realm dungeons strewn across the Fatesworn world and the old world
- New enemies and variations of existing enemies
- New crafting items for weapons, gems, potions with new reagents and components
- 6 new unique armor sets with very special and powerful traits
- 21 new weapons and shields (9 chaos weapons, 15 unique)
- New accessories like rings and amulets with powerful traits
- New music by award-winning composer Grant Kirkhope
- A new mysterious trader selling equipment lottery boxes, offering a new way to complete rare item sets
- New twist of fate cards
- Tons of new sidequests task quests and faction quests to fulfill
- New villages and cities, with new houses and interiors and much more
The DLC expansion will be available from the PlayStation Store for $19.99 / €19.99 / £17.99. Alternatively, players can purchase the new Fate Edition of the game that will include the base game and the upcoming expansion. This will cost $54.99 / €54.99 / £47.99.
[Source: THQ Nordic]