1C Entertainment know a thing or two about video games, having previously been behind the likes of King’s Bounty, Ancestors Legacy, Fell Seal: Arbiter’s Mark and more. The next game in their sights is that of Reverie Knights Tactics – and it’ll be coming to Xbox, PlayStation, Switch and PC in the fall of 2021.
Developed by the indie team at 40 Giants Entertainment, with 1C covering publishing rights, Reverie Knights Tactics is a brand new tactical RPG that will be suited to players on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and Nintendo Switch.
It’ll all play out through a beautifully hand drawn artstyle and deep decision-driven storyline alongside turn-based battles in a 2D isometric grid. And those decisions you make won’t just alter the story, but it’ll define the way your characters develop during the game.
Reverie Knights Tactics promises to let you embark on an expedition to find Lennorien, the long-lost elven city to save the ones you lost, while fighting the goblin menace that spread terror across the continent. From here you’ll be found leading a party of heroes, each one with distinct, special abilities and skills, allowing you to use multiple battle strategies to defeat your enemies.
In Reverie Knights Tactics you’ll be given the chance to discover a fantasy world featuring deep map and scenario exploration in an epic adventure, all with a visual novel style. You’ll also be able to craft new items and accessories from the treasures you collect, before using them as a tactical advantage every time you configure your characters.
Key features of Reverie Knights Tactics include:
- Beautiful Hand Drawn Art: Meticulous multilayer artwork from pencil sketch to full detail color
- Decision-driven Storyline: Make several decisions through your quests, affecting the story and other characters
reactions Character Customization: Customize characters performance attributes, skills, and accessories for heightened abilities!
- Item Crafting: Collect powerful items as you explore the world and discover combinations to create new items
- Exploration: Travel your way through an expansive map, unlocking secret quests, solving puzzles, and exploring scenarios and evil dungeons!
- Up to Four Hero Characters: Control 4 different heroes, each one with distinct, special abilities and skills, allowing multiple battle strategies
- Battle Phases: React to your opponent’s strategy and come up with the perfect tactic every turn, challenging you to think ahead
- Interactive Battle Scenarios: Manipulate parts of the battle environments, and use scenario effects to your advantage!
- Multiple Battle Grids: Each battle contains a different isometric grid, making every battle a unique experience
Reverie Knights Tactics will be launching on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and Nintendo Switch in 2021 with a Fall release planned. Expect to pay around £22.99. We highly advise you to check out the trailer below, and perhaps even give it a hit on Steam, adding it to your wishlist in the process.